Monday, January 9, 2012

Arrived safely

After a bit of complication with luggage, and my cosmetic bag missing, I have arrived.  It took from 6:30 pm Thursday, until 1 pm on Friday to get to Haiti.  We left around 1pm on Saturday from Port au Prince (we needed to pick up groceries and get some other things), then we drove 9 hours to get to Jeremie.  It's about 180 miles.  The roads a not the best, and we traveled in 4 wheel drive for about 40 miles.  Tomorrow, Tuesday, we pray it does not rain, and we plan to go to the job site. It's a dirt and mud road, all the way!
The first team arrives on Saturday, and we drive back with them Sunday.  It's a group of 15 and will max out the house. Several are Doctors, some carpenters, and others with willing hands.  Pray that the meals will go well (my department :))  Thanks for your prayers.  I am rejoicing in being back in my home land!

No comments: